Square Peg Guy has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you! The conditions of the award are that I have to tell six things that make me happy, and I have to pass the award on to six other bloggers. Finding at least six of each is easy.
Six Things That Make Me Happy
Just off the top of my head I’ll say
- Family and Friends
- Looking at photos of family and friends, especially photos of my daughter’s wedding last May.
I wrote about this over at Cheerful Monk: What’s Your Favorite Photo. It was a three-day family reunion as well as a wedding.
Being a member of the local Friends of the Shelter and helping to find homes for the animals there. In particular, I make short weekly videos of the animals for our local public access TV station.
- Blogging. I’m a letter-writer at heart, and most of my off-line friends aren’t. So blogging has been a godsend to me. I like face-to-face and telephone interactions, too, but there’s something special about having the time to think about a topic before one communicates. Before blogging I wrote regularly in a journal, essentially writing letters to myself. It’s more fun sharing.
- Flickr. I can spend hours looking for photos for my posts. And I’ve just started sharing some of my own photos there. I plan to add more…it seems only fair.
- Learning new things and finding a way to share them with others. For example, learning to make videos and DVDs, learning the mechanics of blogging, etc. I’m happiest when I have a reasonable amount of challenge in my life.
Nine Favorite Bloggers
I know, it was supposed to be six, but nine is a better number for me, and this is about creativity, right?
- Evan at Wellbeing and Health
- Evelyn at Attraction Mind Map
- Lance at The Jungle of Life
- Maya at Think Maya
- Jody at Josephine Carr Writes
- Lori at Space Age Sage
- Mike at Exit 78
- B. Wilde at The B. Wilde Column
What About You?
What makes you happy? What are some of your favorite blogs?